This is something I put together last year or the year before, it’s a Christmas song lyric test! Feel free to copy/paste this and print it out to quiz your family, friends, co-workers or whoever might enjoy this. Sorry if the formatting is funky. Answers will be posted on Wednesday!
1. From God our heavenly Father, This blessed angel came; And unto certain shepherds, brought ____________ of the same.
2. And every ____________ child is gonna spy, To see if reindeer, really know how to fly.
3. Don we now our gay apparel, Fa la la, la la la, la la la. ____________ the ancient Yule tide carol, Fa la la la la, la la la la.
4. In the meadow we can build a snowman, And pretend that he is a ____________ ____________, We’ll have lots of fun with Mr. Snowman, Until the other kiddies knock him down. (2 words)
5. Silent night, Holy night, Son of God love’s pure light, Radiant beams from Thy Holy face, with the ____________ of redeeming grace.
6. Said the shepherd boy to the mighty king, “Do you hear what I hear?, In your palace ____________, mighty king, Do you hear what I hear?”
7. I’m dreaming of a white Christmas, Just like the ones I used to know, Where the ____________ glisten, And children listen.
8. Children laughing, people passing, meeting smile after smile, and on every street corner you’ll ____________.
9. You’ll be doin’ all right, with your ____________ of white, But I’ll have a blue, blue, blue, blue Christmas.
10. Vixen, Blitzen, all his reindeer, Pulling on the reins. Bells are ringing, ____________ singing, All is merry and bright.
11. Through the years we all will be together, If the ____________ allow, Hang a shining star above the highest bough. And have yourself a merry little Christmas now.
12. They looked up and saw a star, Shining in the ____________ beyond them far, And to the Earth it gave great light, And so it continued both day and night.
13. On, on they send, on without end, Their ____________ tone to every home, Gaily they ring while people sing, Songs of good cheer, Christmas is here.
14. Santa Baby, Slip a sable under the tree, For me, I’ve been an ____________ good girl.
15. Rocking around the Christmas tree, let the Christmas ____________ ring, Later we’ll have some pumpkin pie, and we’ll do some caroling.
16. There must have been some magic, In that ____________ silk hat they found, For when they placed it on his head, He began to dance around.
17. Mary nodded, Pa rum, pum, pum, pum, The ____________ and lamb kept time, Pa rum, pum, pum, pum.
18. There’s a birthday party, At the home of ____________ ____________, It’ll be the perfect ending, Of a perfect day. (two words)
19. Long lay the world, In sin and error ____________, ‘Til he appeared, And the soul felt it’s worth.
20. She didn’t see me creep, Down the stairs to have a peep, She thought that I was ____________ ____________, In my bedroom, fast asleep. (two words)
21. On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me, Ten ____________ a-leaping, Nine ladies dancing.
22. We three kings of Orient are, Bearing gifts we traverse afar, Field and fountain, morr and mountain, Following ____________ Star.
23. The cattle are lowing, the ____________ baby wakes. But little Lord Jesus, no crying he makes.
24. Hail the heav’n-born prince of peace, Hail the son of righteousness, ____________ and life to all he brings, Risen with healing in his wings.
25. Bells on bob-tail ring, Making ____________ bright, Oh what fun it is ride and sing, A sleighing song tonight.
26. Not only green when ____________ here, But also when its cold and drear, O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree, Thy leaves are so unchanging.
27. Have a holly jolly Christmas, And in case you didn’t hear, Oh, ____________ have a holly jolly Christmas, This year. (could be one or two words depending on how you spell it)