I don’t quite have all my “resolutions” ready for next year but there is one thing for sure that I want to start – being more intentional about the books I read. In the past, I would borrow just about any book that looks alright from the library and read it. Some were good, some were great and some were horrible. But now I feel that if I am going to take my time to read a book, I should at least make an effort to try to find a good book!
Here is what I plan to do to start reading better books:
- Keep my “to read” list up to date and really try to read the books on it.
- Ask people I know and trust for book suggestions. And I can also find suggestions online, too.
- Pay at least a little attention to reviews and try to find the books with good reviews.
- Keep adding myself to the library books that have long hold lists, it takes a little longer for the book to become available if the hold list is long but typically books with long hold lists are worth holding for.
- Pay more attention to the authors that I like and read more of the same author if they are consistently good.
I also plan to keep using goodreads.com to set my book goal for next year and keep track of all the books I’ve read and want to read. How about you? Are you intentional about the books you read?